When does this policy apply?
This policy and any other documents referred to in those terms, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
In Linux Professional Institute Innovation Hub, the protection of your personal data is of great concern to us. We never collect any personal data through our websites without consent. It is up to you to decide whether you want us to know this data, for instance when visiting our website , as part of registration ,complaints or survey etc. As part of a registration or subscription to membership, you may provide us with your contact details on request . With regards to complaints, we use your personal data to answer your query or enquiry, to process you order or to provide you with access to specific information or offers.
When you access our websites, information that is not referenced to a particular person will be collected automatically in a log file, for example
• your IP address
• the domain name of the website you came from
• the websites you visited in our offer
• the names of the retrieved files
• date and time of a retrieval
• the name of your internet service provider
• and, possibly, the operating system and browser version you are using.
We use this information exclusively to determine the attractiveness of our websites and to improve their contents. We store this information for data security reasons, in order to ensure the stability and operational reliability of our system.
Information you give us (Submitted information):
This is information that you give us by filling in forms online or offline, or by corresponding with us (for example, by phone, e-mail or otherwise). This includes information you provide when you register to use or subscribe to our Services.
The information you give us (or our permitted suppliers) may include your name, address, age, e-mail address and telephone number, the Device’s telephone number, your username for our Sites and/or Services, password and any other registration information or personal profile description.
Legal Basis for processing your personal data
We process your personal data where:
• You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
• it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
• it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
• it is necessary in order to protect your vital interests;
• it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data.
• Once it is within our control, we will do our utmost to ensure your personal data is kept confidential by taking appropriate measures to ensure that it remains private.
• The security of your data is outside our control until we have received it.
Changing this policy